▌▌▌ CRAFTING MATERIAL SURVEY

Welcome! NEW HERE? Say hi! :17:
Talk about anything, make friends!

Moderators: Grimm Bot, Grimm Bros

Re: ▌▌▌ CRAFTING MATERIAL SURVEY

Postby Randis » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:49 pm

i made sheep wolfs, werewolfs and the forest trolls drop more furs and have a higher chance to drop them, will be added in the upcoming patch as well.
Have wings, will fly
Randis
lit like a Christmas tree

Postby Scisco » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:06 pm

Randis wrote:i made sheep wolfs, werewolfs and the forest trolls drop more furs and have a higher chance to drop them, will be added in the upcoming patch as well.

Nice, downloading now :b3: saw it pop up in steam as i was streaming :44:
Scisco
blasted
blasted

Postby Randis » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:12 pm

cool
happy digging and sheep slaughtering everyone! :44:
Have wings, will fly
Randis

Postby Scisco » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Randis wrote:cool

Well just tried some of the new patch, well it sure drops alot of wool and fur now :44: (still dont know how to get it to normal leather but we will get there as soon as i can get some coal) ;) :44: and i love the clearer colors in the inventory (i think that was added or i just noticed it more now). Also the small icons for what is craftable material is a nice touch.

I was wondering tho, does the vendoers in Survival/Endless sell shovels? Is it possible to have them always sell a few/some shovels? Cuz the runs i did now i ran into 5-6 merchants and none sold shovels - and i cant recall ever seeing them sell shovels. And shovels are such a important step to getting ores. Tweaking how many shovels you can get (therefore also limiting how much Ore you can get) should make it possible to tweak it so it dosent ruin the balance in Endless/Survival by making to much crafting avalible.

But overall i liked the patch, nice visual aids and some needed bugfixes :44: :b3:
Scisco
blasted
blasted

Postby Randis » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:54 am

Scisco wrote:
Randis wrote:cool

Well just tried some of the new patch, well it sure drops alot of wool and fur now :44: (still dont know how to get it to normal leather but we will get there as soon as i can get some coal) ;) :44: and i love the clearer colors in the inventory (i think that was added or i just noticed it more now). Also the small icons for what is craftable material is a nice touch.

I was wondering tho, does the vendoers in Survival/Endless sell shovels? Is it possible to have them always sell a few/some shovels? Cuz the runs i did now i ran into 5-6 merchants and none sold shovels - and i cant recall ever seeing them sell shovels. And shovels are such a important step to getting ores. Tweaking how many shovels you can get (therefore also limiting how much Ore you can get) should make it possible to tweak it so it dosent ruin the balance in Endless/Survival by making to much crafting avalible.

But overall i liked the patch, nice visual aids and some needed bugfixes :44: :b3:

the traveling merchants have random inventory, i can look into it and see if we can force them to sell shovels.
Have wings, will fly
Randis

Postby tempsolution » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:26 pm

The patch really fixed the crafting problem. At least in Story mode i can purchase tons of shovels and dig through a whole level to get enough crafting mats. Now we just need more space to store all the crafting mats. ;)
tempsolution

Postby Randis » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:21 am

yup, more space will come
Have wings, will fly
Randis

Postby Esev » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi there! I just want to take the opportunity and ask, Is there a way to craft Iron (or others) rings? I fell like most of the itens I try to craft ask for nails and I just cant get enough of them.

Tks anyways and Grimm Bros, the game is not 100% but Im having a good time all around with it and Im really glad I backed the project. Keep rocking!! :) :b5:
Esev

Postby Prince » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:48 am

Esev wrote:Hi there! I just want to take the opportunity and ask, Is there a way to craft Iron (or others) rings? I fell like most of the itens I try to craft ask for nails and I just cant get enough of them.
I'm consulting a previous conversation for this (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=347) but IIRC:
Scisco wrote:You craft 8 Rings from 1 plate, 1 plate from 2 Ingots, 1 Ingot from 3 ore ;)
Or to put it another way:
3 Ore -> 1 Ingot
2 Ingots -> 1 Plate (is this still true? I thought I got 3 from 2)
1 Plate -> 8 Rings
6 Rings -> 3 Nails
...I'm not sure about the numbers but I think this is the path, anyway. It's a nightmare of too many steps IMO, but at least you'll get plenty of crafting XP.
By the way, I really really look forward to "the springtime of Ores" on PS versions :38:
I would love it if the storage expansion could make it into the first patch, but if I push on then I may finish the story mode before then anyway and it'll be too late for me... lol that would be sod's law
Currently playing on PS4 only
= Semper Fi =
Prince
a bit tipsy
a bit tipsy

Postby sawanoguchi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:29 pm

Ore frequency:
Iron ore is needed for nails, iron ingots, steel ingots, and it is more rare than copper, zinc, or tin. And there is WAY too much sulphur and zinc.
Other suggestions:
And yes, like many others have said, another three or ten tabs of inventory in the home chest is really quite necessary to enjoy seeing what things can be crafted. :? Also, is it me or is it impossible to scroll the recipe list? Thanks for the hard work, by the way. I appreciate it. :)
sawanoguchi

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to DFS General Discussion & Welcome Forum