▌▌▌ CRAFTING MATERIAL SURVEY

Welcome! NEW HERE? Say hi! :17:
Talk about anything, make friends!

Moderators: Grimm Bot, Grimm Bros

Re: ▌▌▌ CRAFTING MATERIAL SURVEY

Postby Esev » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Prince wrote:
Esev wrote:Hi there! I just want to take the opportunity and ask, Is there a way to craft Iron (or others) rings? I fell like most of the itens I try to craft ask for nails and I just cant get enough of them.
I'm consulting a previous conversation for this (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=347) but IIRC:
Scisco wrote:You craft 8 Rings from 1 plate, 1 plate from 2 Ingots, 1 Ingot from 3 ore ;)
Or to put it another way:
3 Ore -> 1 Ingot
2 Ingots -> 1 Plate (is this still true? I thought I got 3 from 2)
1 Plate -> 8 Rings
6 Rings -> 3 Nails
...I'm not sure about the numbers but I think this is the path, anyway. It's a nightmare of too many steps IMO, but at least you'll get plenty of crafting XP.
By the way, I really really look forward to "the springtime of Ores" on PS versions :38:
I would love it if the storage expansion could make it into the first patch, but if I push on then I may finish the story mode before then anyway and it'll be too late for me... lol that would be sod's law

Thanks a lot dude :17:
Esev

Postby yfhhyfhh » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:42 pm

这句是测试,看看有没有中文玩家。如果有请回复一下。

sorry,I'm not good at English,if there is a lot of grammer mistake.please forgive me and correct me.

More storeage space,please.so many kind of Materials.
Now I'm afraid of picking any materials......
The crafting system is too hard to use.
Before I can craft the equipment,may be it's full of my backpack(and storeage),or may be just easier buy it from Businessman(Survival Mode?).
It's very low efficiency to drag material one by one.Especially in PSV&PS4 version.It's painful process.
If I have learned the Recipes.May be when I clicked(touched or selected) the recipe,the program can fill the materials automaticly(search backpack and storeage).That's my idea.Maybe no need to click the "Create" button.(UE is importent, ;) )

how about inherit the recipes?
there is no need to craft item by learned a recipe before.
so what is the meaning of collect the recipes repeatedly.

More drop rate of basic materials.40+levels,I can't find a normal leather......(Survival)

DFS is free for ps plus member,but I still buy it from steam.I like it very much~!please make it better,even dozen patches,I will wait.
yfhhyfhh

Postby Randis » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:07 am

Thank you for your feedback!
yes we already made plans to make crafting easier and also we will add more storage space.
you can read about all planned and in progress features here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=359
Have wings, will fly
Randis
lit like a Christmas tree

Postby Z-Saber » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:41 pm

I'd love to see some store (maybe a secret store that's available late game?) that sells more of the commonly used ores (iron, tin, copper) in mass quantities.
Z-Saber
new to this
new to this

Postby Randis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:50 am

that might be hard to balance, in an MMO they have that but the shops have limited stock and many other players who buy the items. in an offline RPG there is no real economy, if there would be a shop that sells large quantities of crafting items people would stop digging and just wait until they get to the point where they unlock the area.
There are 2 shops currently that sell related materials, one is in the Wilson&Alsison and one in the old Zinc Mines.
What we could do is increase or add some materials there but we need more feedback from players on that.
Have wings, will fly
Randis

Postby Delekates » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:30 pm

zink mines shop is really trash. Only zink -_-
ps4/ ipad air2
Delekates
new to this
new to this

Postby Randis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:40 pm

at least there are shovels
Have wings, will fly
Randis

Postby Z-Saber » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:42 am

As far as balance goes, you could balance it out so that you'd have to pay some kind of fee (some specific item that is fairly hard to get and isn't buyable maybe?) to access this shop each time, and perhaps make some materials like gemstones available only by digging. Let's face it though, the current crafting system does need some rebalancing as it stands right now (way too many recipes require iron stuff).
Z-Saber
new to this
new to this

Postby Randis » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:21 am

We can re-balance some of the crafting materials, that is not a problem, we just need feedback from you guys, that is why we do the survey :)
Have wings, will fly
Randis

Postby Prince » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:32 pm

I know that digging and finding ores is supposed to be much more abundant in the PC version now after some patch, so maybe it's pointless me asking for more ores in shops since it'll only come after PS gets the ores patch, but I'll just say it anyway to explain my reasoning.

It's great that Copper, Tin, and "Zink" are available to buy at W&A, which means you can create Brass and Bronze both from buyables. And I think it's fair that Silver and Gold are only findable from digs. But not only do I think Iron should be buyable due to its simplicity on the scale (Steel comes from it), but also because it's SO widely needed in the recipes (in all its forms)- I daresay more than ANY of the above. Z-Saber is right about it: A player could need literally hundreds of iron ores to make all the upgrades for 100 low-level creations. I analysed more than the first 200 recipes and approximately 30% of them were dependent on ores, mainly iron. Which makes them practically impossible in current versions on PS platforms.

So long story short I think Iron should be buyable even after being diggable, although I'm happy for silver and gold to remain rare to provide some unique purpose to digging (aside from gems, an easy source for more basic ores).
I also just found out that Coal is buyable, which is good news to me (not that I can make steel yet, but still). It would be nice if Sulfur was more renewably available since gunpowder is not buyable, and therefore very limited.

I would also like to see all shop items listed in greater quantities, since running up and down the screen waiting for the refresh nobody-knows-when is just a daft waste of time. Maybe it's a debate for another day, but I figure the price of the items should be the economic limitation, rather than putting a real life waste of time cost on it.

In fact an alternative is it would be nice if we could pay a premium to help the store refresh, for example compare to real life express delivery, you can pay a premium when you want the stock sooner. Don't get me wrong, I'm not alluding to bribery, but real life economy is the exchange of cost for benefit.
Currently playing on PS4 only
= Semper Fi =
Prince
a bit tipsy
a bit tipsy

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to DFS General Discussion & Welcome Forum