er play, Stamkos one-timed Anton Stralmans f

Contests, Forum Activities, Giveaways, Forum Games

Moderators: Grimm Bot, Grimm Bros

er play, Stamkos one-timed Anton Stralmans f

Postby lw789 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:17 am

STANFORD, Calif. -- Top-ranked Serena Williams won in her first match since defaulting in a doubles match with sister Venus at Wimbledon, beating Karolina Pliskova 7-5, 6-2 on Wednesday in the second round of the Bank of the West Classic. At Wimbledon, Williams tried to play through a viral infection that caused her to lose her equilibrium during the doubles match. On Wednesday night, encouraged by a large crowd, Williams fought through a tough first set before she found her legs and took control of the match with a big second set. "I thought I played well," Williams said. "Im on the right path, Im excited and Im looking forward to my next match." In the quarterfinals, Williams will meet the winner of Thursdays match between fifth-seeded Ana Ivanovic and U.S. qualifier Carol Zhao. Williams casually deflected questions about her health, preferring to bring the conversation into the present. "Im still taking it a match at a time," she said. "It worked out. I was feeling fine. I made some silly errors early because I was not on my toes enough." Pliskova managed to hold her serve most of the first set but did not have an answer once Williams found her own serve. "I knew shes a player that is tough to break so it was important to me to be super focused on my serve," Williams said. "She served well and I tried to hang in there and get some break points." She finally managed to reach break point in the 12th game and took control from there. She was successful on all three break points she had. Williams took some time off after Wimbledon and vacationed in Croatia before returning to the U.S. for the hardcourt season. She said she has been working hard in preparation for a run at the U.S. Open. Earlier, Varvara Lepchenko beat second-seeded Angieszka Radwanska 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 to advance to the quarterfinals. Lepchenko beat the fifth-ranked Radwanska for the first time in six meetings, edging a top-10 player for only the third time in 24 matches. Radwanska, the runner-up last year, became the highest seeded player to fall in the tournament. The match was good," Radwanska said. "I wasnt serving enough." Lepchenko will face Sachia Vickery, the American qualifier who beat Monica Puig 6-7 (4), 6-2, 6-1 to reach her first career WTA Tour quarterfinal. Vickery also won two straight in the main draw for the first time. Her only previous victory came at last years U.S. Open in her WTA main draw debut. Also, eighth-seeded Andrea Petkovic beat teenage qualifier Naomi Osaka, 6-2, 6-2. Petkovic will next meet the winner of Thursday nights match between Venus Williams and Victoria Azarenka. "It was so weird," Petkovic said. "Shes 16 and obviously very talented. If I played solid I knew I had a good shot." Alexei Ramirez Padres Jersey . PAUL, Minn. James Shields Jersey . Teams one through twenty competing in Englands top flight are each fatally flawed. A wide-open, highly competitive and mistake-filled season has followed. http://www.baseballpadresofficial.com/o ... rsey-c-22/. -- Brendan Leipsic had two goals and an assist and Nicolas Petan extended his point streak to 11 games as the Portland Winterhawks slipped past the Red Deer Rebels 5-4 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action. Jhoulys Chacin Jersey . Phoenix originally signed Barbosa to a 10-day contract on Jan. 8 after Eric Bledsoe injured his knee and then signed him to another 10-day deal. Johnny Manziel Padres Jersey . Garcia had eight birdies overall to go with a lone bogey on the fourth to move to an 18-under total of 198 at the Asian Tour event. "I was able to hit some really nice shots and then was able to roll two or three really good putts in and it was nice to be able to finish birdie, birdie on this difficult finishing stretch," Garcia said.Tampa, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Cedric Paquette notched his first career hat trick to power the Tampa Bay Lightning to a 5-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday. Steven Stamkos and Mark Barberio also scored, Jonathan Drouin and Alex Killorn both tallied two assists and Ben Bishop made 27 saves for the Lightning, who set a franchise record with their ninth straight win at home. It never gets old watching those hats go over the wall, Tampa Bay head coach Jon Cooper said of Paquettes hat trick. He earned every one. Darren Helm supplied the Red Wings lone goal as their six-game winning streak came to an end. Petr Mrazek allowed five goals on 15 shots, while Tom McCollum stopped all 17 shots he faced in the third period. We just had a good run here, won six in a row, Detroit head coach Mike Babcock said. We got spanked here tonight. The Lightning needed just 2:03 to start the scoring. After Killorn sent a fluttering pass to Paquette in front, Mrazek made an initial pad stop on Paquette, but the Lightning forward backhanded the rebound into the net. Helm emerged from behind the net, skated to the right circle and wristed a shot over the shoulder of Bishop for a tied game with 8:01 leftt in the first period.dddddddddddd Paquette took the puck off the right boards and wristed a shot over the glove of Mrazek for his second goal of the night to give Tampa Bay a 2-1 lead with 36.2 remaining in the opening stanza. On the power play, Stamkos one-timed Anton Stralmans feed from the left circle past Mrazek for a 3-1 score 4:18 into the middle frame. Paquette completed his hat trick by wristing a shot from the right circle on a short-handed breakaway to give the Lightning a three-goal advantage just past the midway point of the second. Barberios slapshot from the high slot off a faceoff win made it a 5-1 game with 2:21 left before the final intermission. Game Notes Tampa Bay last lost at Amalie Arena on Dec. 9 vs. Washington ... Paquette is fifth player in Lightning history to score a hat trick before his 22nd birthday, joining Nikita Kucherov, Stamkos, Chris Gratton and Jason Wiemer ... Bishop improved his career record against the Red Wings to 6-1-0 ... Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk tied Ted Lindsay for sole possession of 12th in Detroit history in games played with 862 ... The two teams will meet again on March 20 in Tampa Bay. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
lw789
lit like a Christmas tree
lit like a Christmas tree

Return to Board index

Return to DFS Contests & Activities