Dragon Fin Soup: Extra Chunky Edition!

We are Grimm Bros! Meet the Team

Moderators: Grimm Bot, Grimm Bros

Dragon Fin Soup: Extra Chunky Edition!

Postby Larsen1337 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Hey Everyone!

So sorry for the lack of updates! But as our future president Drumpf would say… we have HUUUUUUGGGEEEE NEWS!

We are super excited to ANNOUNCE “DRAGON FIN SOUP: EXTRA CHUNKY EDITION!”
Dragon Fin Soup: Extra Chunky Edition is coming later this year with a major update planned for PC, STEAM, PS4, PS3 and PS Vita. The game will also launch on Xbox One, iOS, Android, FireTV, Mac and Linux in late 2016.

WTF is Extra Chunky?!
Dragon Fin Soup: Extra Chunky Edition includes the latest 1.07 “Community ChowDown!” update from STEAM which has tons of new features, fixes, and refinements. Grimm Bros will also be adding…
- Ability to feed pets to level them up
- Toggle button for the grid view
- New “Black Knight” pet inspired by Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- New dungeons
- New “Trash Talk” system
- New items, recipes, weapons
- And much much more as you can see from our DFS Tutorial Video here!

Introducing Jim Buck, CEO of Twitchy Thumbs Entertainment
Hello Everyone! I’m really excited to be working with Ash, Randis, and the rest of the Grimm Bros team!

I’m a Sony Alumni who has been working on PlayStation platforms since the original Playstation, going on 20+ years now. In 2005, I started Twitchy Thumbs Entertainment, Inc. I’ve known Ash and Randis for a long time, way, way back when they worked with Subatomic Studios and Autodesk TinkerBox for iOS. So I’ve got some great stories about them! And a fun fact about me is that I can speak Polish, too! Oczywiscie! :)

A word about the delayed updates to PSN
We want to apologize again to all our PSN players in the community. We had no intention of leaving you hanging for so long after the initial version of DFS launched. There has been a lot of confusion, frustration, and false information. It has been a difficult and complicated process to say the least, but we are making headway. We know you are beyond resilient and patient, and we are forever grateful to you all.

In addition to the upcoming re-port of DFS:ECE to PSN, we will send all of you who purchased a copy of DFS for PSN a free STEAM or DRM key to hold you over until the update goes live. We know many of you have been waiting to play Dragon Fin Soup and hope this helps quench your RPG appetite. Thanks again for your continued support, and stay tuned for more updates and news coming during PAX East this year, including how to redeem your free STEAM/DRM copy.

Meet Grimm Bros at PAX East!
Dragon Fin Soup will be featured by Indie Megabooth at PAX East 2016!
Come visit us at the ‪‎Indie MEGABOOTH‬ at ‪‎PAX East‬ this April 22nd - 24th, where we will be offering a sneak peek of delicious new Dragon Fin Soup: Extra Chunky Edition!‬ featuring fresh unreleased content!

In addition we'll have our very own Red Robin hosting Survival Mode Tournaments, Raffles, & Trivia prizes, not to mention awesome schwag for sale! (PS. Yes we accept alcohol as both bribes and barter payments :P)

Update on Physical/Digital Rewards
For all our Kickstarter and Humble bundle backers, we’re sorry it’s taking so long to get your backer rewards to you. Our marvelous, mad-genius Randis is injured right now, and is slowly on the mend. In short, he decided to real-life adventure in the jungle (literally a jungle) and cracked his head open. Sadly, his brain and blood isn’t all rainbow and colourful as we would have hoped. It’s just red. :/

Don’t worry, we’ll spare you the gross pictures...unless you’re into that, and then you can email us!

Anyway, please send your love and good wishes, and magical healing spells to Randis so that he makes a swift recovery!

Twitch Plays Dragon Fin Soup - Kickoff for PAX East
Ever wonder how many licks it takes to get to the center of tootsie pop? Well, tootsie pops are gross, but we do wonder how long it would take for Twitch to beat Dragon Fin Soup! The kick-off starts at PAX East and anyone can join the live stream to participate in controlling Robin in her alcohol journey for revenge. It will be similar to Twitch plays POKEMON, but with booze….and skeleton strippers! Should be fun! We will send an announcement when it is live! Hope to see you there!

Last, and most certainly not least...
We love you. No, really we love you... Like REALLY love you! You guys are the reason we keep working and fighting the fight. You’re the Adrienne to our Rocky! The TARDIS to our Time Lord. John Criton to our Aeryn Sun! You are indispensable to us. We can’t even begin to tell you how important you are to us and how deeply we are in awe of your affections, support, and patience. Thank you. <3

Love
Grimm Bros
Larsen1337
new to this
new to this

Re: Dragon Fin Soup: Extra Chunky Edition!

Postby Prince » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:03 am

Hmm, this is interesting. I'm glad you've taken the opportunity to do something big with it, not only introducing all those PC improvements (I stopped reading them after a while as I thought we'd never get them), but also adding several new things, it looks like a fair bit of work has quietly gone into them. From the short list there I'm personally impressed by the Pet Feed solution to the tricky underlevelled pets problem, hopefully that's well balanced.

Thank you for addressing the problems on PS platforms rather than ignoring them and trying to re-release like new. It's a little worrying to see the very vague "later this year" window, but at this point it's probably a good thing not to announce a date and then release it to deadline or move it, I hope you will just do it right once and for all.

I'll be a little disappointed if you don't focus on getting the existing platforms right (PC included) before focusing on new platforms, but I'll be happy as long as it doesn't get delayed to match up with new platforms' launch, or release with bugs that can't be attended to because of split focus.

Anyway I don't think I need to say any more, it's just waiting and hoping now (again), just glad to hear you have planned light at the end of the tunnel.
By the way, who is Jim Buck and aside from being a friend, why is he introduced? My theory is that his company is handling the new port entirely. Hello Jim, we're in your care, please look after us.

By the way I like all the references, John Oliver at the start and Rocky Balboa at the end. But her name was Adrianna "Adrian" Pennino, not Adrienne! You know how Rocky would react if he heard you spell it like that!? He'd come at you like a half-dead wild animal, shouting the correct spelling! (Nevermind that you can't spell with pronunciation, he's lovable oaf for a reason!) Image
Currently playing on PS4 only
= Semper Fi =
Prince
a bit tipsy
a bit tipsy

Postby Hub » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Yeeha, finaly good news for us PS players. Looking forward to this. :D
Hub

Postby Abimor » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:33 pm

When is this coming for ps4 players? and is it already in the drm version?
Abimor

Postby Tom8899 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:24 am

Hi, there.

Just wondering if the extra chunky edition will be a complete new game install or a patch.
Cause i was going to get the game for the ps vita but if its a new game install i rather wait and get the new one as buying the old one and later the hole game again.

Hope you guys understand what i mean im not english, lol.

Thanks.
Tom8899

Postby Larsen1337 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Extra chunky will be a free update available to everyone who owns the game. We don't have a date yet for the PlayStation versions, but please be aware that it takes time to port a game from scratch. We'll likely be posting status updates as we make progress on it.
Larsen1337
new to this
new to this

Postby apple123 » Mon May 09, 2016 6:55 am

Thanks for the info
apple123

Postby Sylver001 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:47 am

Hi everyone,

I shortly started to play DFS which I got last year through PSN+.

My question is, do the PSN+ Licences get this Update too?

That Game is really great, but the Fishing Master Achievement Bug is a very big motivation killer.
Sylver001

Postby Larsen1337 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:38 pm

Yes, all platforms will get this update for free.
Larsen1337
new to this
new to this

Postby Solomon1973 » Sun May 22, 2016 10:28 am

Well i'm excited as hell for this. ANY hints on when we can expect a release? Or at least expect a release date?
Solomon1973
new to this
new to this

Next

Return to Board index

Return to GB Team